Over 105 years of Growing Locally!
- Our story began in 1912 as Farmers State Bank of Hartland located in Hartland MN.
- The Freeborn branch was acquired in 1999.
- A branch location was open in Albert Lea in 2005
- In 2013 two existing employees Daniel Otten and Mark Heinemann formed a new bank holding company called Minnesota Community Bancshares, with the purpose of raising local funds to purchase all the bank shares from the Skophammer family. Minnesota Community Bancshares obtained $7.6 million in funding commitments from 78 local investors.
- The purchase transaction was closed on April 11th, 2014.
- January of 2021 the bank was renamed to Arcadian Bank.
- CEO Daniel Otten and President Mark Heinemann are leading the bank into the future with a diverse board of directors, renewed energy and many of the same employees as well as lots of great new talent.
Board of Directors:
Daniel Otten, Chairman
Mark Heinemann, Secretary/Treasurer
Allen Batt, Director
Thomas Belshan, Director
Holly Karsjens, Director
Allen Obernolte, Director